Thursday, July 31, 2008

Humidity

I have discovered another advantage to living in Germany. The humidity level seems to be far below what we have here in WV.
Jen and I ran twice while I was there. When I got done I was tired, but not soaked in sweat like I have been the two times I have run since being home.
Billy and I walked miles every day that we were there, well just about anyway. I can't walk over to feed Poochy without noticing the heat.
Crazy.
A couple of days ago I was going to run after work, but walked outside my office and changed my plans. I went on home and then at about 7pm headed out to the hayfields with the dogs. We were all tired after that one.
I really noticed it tonight. Billy dropped me off at Concord while he went over to his Mom's. I spent about an hour finishing 4 miles or so and when I caught up with Billy... I was soaked.
Well, that is enough of that.
Saturday at 8am I will be running a 5k at Pikeview High School on their cross country course. That will be sort of new. I run the hayfields all the time, but never a cross country race.
Wish me luck.

No comments: