Saturday, November 1, 2008

Pumpkin Run 2008

The 31st annual Pumpkin Run has proven to be a great measure of fitness once again. In my case, not so much. I did take a full two minutes off of my run from last year, but once again I have left myself with plenty of room for improvement. I finished the 5k in 37 minutes and 23 seconds. Not really bad for me, so I am happy.
I haven't been doing much running until this week when I "crammed" for the race. On Tuesday I walked a miles, ran 2 miles, and then walked a mile on the treadmill. On Wednesday I walked a quarter mile, ran 2 3/4 miles, and then walked a mile on the treadmill again. Today, Saturday, I ran a mile walked some uphill, ran about a mile, walked some uphill and then ran the last part. I should have done better, but I felt good that I finished before any of the 10k runners caught me this year. Some of those guys are fast! I noticed something too, lots of the people who beat me are carrying a lot less weight around. Maybe I should try that approach, lose weight and run faster. LOL
So, I have made progress on this particular race. Maybe I can keep up the Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday schedule and have a bunch of progress on the next race too.

No comments: