Friday, August 24, 2007

The Beginning

What a non-creative, uninspired title for the first entry on a blog that is supposed to keep me moving!

Well, at least the Blog title itself is okay. Progress. Funny, the first definition of Progress that comes up in Wikipedia is "Evolutionary Progress". Well, that fits. This will be me evolving into another view of the person that I am. I can see me - but not when I look in the mirror below my neck. I have plans that will bring the person I see back out where I should be. Not exactly, but very close to who I was back when the Air Force told me I was over weight. I have video to prove they were wrong.

I started working on my weight several years ago, but have been more off than on the band wagon since then. Now I have decided enough is enough.

Several weeks ago (16th of July 2007 to be exact) I read an article about a place in Ohio that had banded together to use the number of miles to Baghdad as their goal for number of miles walked. I forget how many they calculated, but I found a website that told me Baghdad is 6,432 miles from my home. So I got the idea to count the number of steps in my office building. There are 60 steps. Then I split that up and found out it would take me 107.2 trips on those steps to hit 6,432, I only counted the Up steps.

The first week I managed 17 laps on the stairs.
The second week = 26
The third week = 41
The fourth week = 63
The fifth week = 80
The sixth and final week = 107.2

Results after the stair climbing adventure, I dropped a few pounds down to (oooh should I really post that? why not ok, here goes) 228 by my home scale and am wearing my size 38s again. Ok, that sounds really bad. I should add that I am 5 foot 11 inches tall! No excuse, but better than being short and better than wearing the 40s for sure!
Next week I start a new adventure with a new goal. I need to go hit some more of those stairs before the day is done - Stay tuned.

No comments: