Thursday, August 30, 2007

First Week of 5k Training

Ok. I am putting it all out there just to have a record. I did some measurements this morning and have found that my waist/hip ratio is 1.04. My height/weight BMI is 31.8.
That puts me in the range of a lot of health risk problems. If that doesn't motivate me to continue, I don't know what will.
My 5k training schedule for this week includes the following:
Monday - Brisk walk for 15 minutes. Jog for 1 minute of each 5 minutes (walk 4 jog 1, walk 4, jog 1, walk 4 jog 1.)
I did it and survived. The dogs went with me down the driveway and back up, back down and back up. They were so confused. I was tired. That gravel is hard to run on.
Tuesday - got up early and went downstairs to work out. Fairly light, but working on increasing intensity.
Wednesday - Brisk walk for 20 minutes. Jog 1 minute for each 5 minutes.
I moved to the hay field for a much easier run. The ground is so dry from lack of rain that it is like pavement, but a softer landing if I trip. I need to mow my path out to get rid of some tall weeds. I did a repetitive sort of figure 8 from one fence line to the other on a flatish area. The dogs gave up on my very quickly though, they went and sat in the yard and watched.
Because Pipestem has some long hills future field work, not too soon, will include going down the slope along the driveway and across the bottom and then up the slope to the top at the other end.
Thursday is off - I will be walking though, just not hard or running.
Friday is Brisk walk for 30 minutes with same 1 jog for 5 minute theme.
Saturday is weights again
Sunday is off again - we are going to the Flea Market in Hillsville, so I will be walking easy.

No comments: