Sunday, May 4, 2008

Starting Over

I read a blog post by someone who said she was going to try and kick start a platue by starting over. I think I will give that approach a try too. I spent the winter stuck at 225 and now I have been at 218 for a couple weeks.
I know that the problem is my own, I eat more than I should and haven't been very consistant with my workouts - lots of excuses, but all my own doing. I am pretty happy with where I am now, shopping in the "normal" size versus the "plus" size department is great! Though I haven't really bought much because I am right onthe edge and want to get further from that border.
So the new plan. I started this whole thing last July by walking the stairs at the office, I can do that again. Every day I already bypass the elevator, but now I will target the 60 steps to the parking garage and back up at least once every hour. It only takes a couple of minutes and works my quads so I can balance out my legs.
I will run more consistantly. I have been disappointing myself because I don't run faster, which is silly. I can run one 12 minute mile, but any more than that and my average is more like 13 minutes. I think that I still need to lose 20 pounds before I can speed up much. I really don't want to damage anything.
I will continue step aerobics on Tuesday and Thursday. OOH! Except for this week, I have a 5k to run in Athens Tuesday night, the Roth Memorial. Other than that though... I have already changed my routine for those nights, now I do a nice low-range aerobic run/walk before step class and burn lots of calories!
And finally I will eat less for dinner. I am usually not hungry anyway, I just eat too much.
That is the plan - oh and by the way, if anyone is in Southern West Virginia on June 21st come out to Bluestone State Park before 9am and run our new 5k. It is a Relay for Life event. If you don't run I can put you to work monitoring a corner or something. It will be a great time! bluestoneriverwild5k.blogspot.com/

No comments: