Sunday, January 27, 2008

Better is Coming Along

This week has been better than last. Tuesday I had an appointment so I went to it prepared to do some town running if I could. It was about 3 o'clock and about 40 degrees so I stopped and parked in one of the college lots. I started running using a 140 steps per minute Podrunner podcast to keep me moving. 140 is not very fast, but I was able to keep it up for almost 1 mile through the rolling streets of Athens. I walked some and ran some more after that and in the end finished about 3 1/2 miles.

Interesting point for me is that my heart rate did not hit the max that I have seen in the past. I did probably average in the 170 or 90% of max range while I was running, but overall I averaged 163 or 85% for the day. I need to get out there on a much more regular basis, but really don't like anything less than 40 degrees. Saturday I rode bike for an hour.

Today I was supposed to go to Bluefield and run with the running club, but I hadn't heard anything from them and didn't want to drive all the way down there to find out it was postponed due to the cold. It almost hit 40, but the wind was blowing a lot, it was cold out there! Just keep moving I tell myself, but that is more than I want to deal with so I didn't go. It is not worth the gas at the moment. Next month is supposed to be in Athens, so that is no problem.

Tomorrow is back to the Total Gym and bike. Just have to do it, right? LOL keep up the good work out there. You all inspire me in ways - I would have quit by now without you!

No comments: