Saturday, January 12, 2008

Checking the Mail

I decided to go check the mail today. The 2.78 mile walk to the Post Office in Athens was an adventure. There wasn't even any mail! And then I had to walk back! Yes, MP, I even ran some of it. Ok, only the first minute from the bottom of the big hill, but a good chunk of the flatter parts and down the big hill. I finished the 5 1/2 miles in 1 hr and 35 minutes. Not fast, but my speed like usual.

I am expecting a package from Road ID, hopefully it will come in soon. I have some races coming up not to mention some other country roads that I want to explore and having a wrist ID will be good. Plus I ordered a blinker light that attaches to clothing for safety in case I get caught out after dark. Take a look at their website sometime. http://roadid.com/Common/default.aspx

There wasn't much traffic out on the road and the dogs at the cinderblock house weren't too much trouble, mostly barking and following me to the edge of "their" property. I didn't run past there though. I just tell them "QUIET" and they stop for a second.

Funny how we say we won't be doing something like running out on the road and then one day we do it anyway. Want to know where I was run/walking? Check the map at the bottom of the page. That feature is kind of fun. I will leave this one until I find a more interesting route, probably next weekend when I do the Creek. Keep moving!

No comments: