Sunday, March 30, 2008

Girl Power

Today was a club 5k run at Pipestem. Only 3 of us members showed up to run and none were men. It was about 32 degrees out so I am sure that had a lot to do with the low turn out. I finished last again, but set a Personal Record on this course - 37:18. Two minutes and 8 seconds faster than when I ran the same course in November. WOOHOO for me!
As for the run, it was cold. The other two ladies started in front of me and slowly gained distance, but they looked back to check on me every now and then. I am just slow. As I was running I set mini goals.
Make it to the top of the hill, now just jog down the other side.
The mountain bike race people are watching, don't stop!
Make it to the horse barn, now the top of the hill isn't so far away and just keep running down the other side.
Run to the turn around, now it is a lot of down hill so keep going.
There are the bike people again, don't stop now either!
Big hill now, but you ran this far, now it is flat and then a down hill.
One last up hill, fast isn't important, just keep running.
33 minutes! Now it is all down hill you are going to beat your PR!
Did It!
Girl Power is awesome!
And now there are snowflakes in the air.

Earlier this week I had a pretty good run in the hayfields. I did 8 laps of the barn field, which totals out to about 5 miles. I ran around three sides and then cut up the middle to the tree, walked a bit and then ran around to the tree again. I did that trip five times and then walked a lap and then ran two more. The dogs all went swimming in the middle of it, but they stayed with me for the most part. Poochy was cutting corners toward the end though.

After writing all of that, I am thinking I should be able to run 4 miles straight out if I can find a nice flat route for the first attempt. Might get crazy and map out a flat 5 just in case I feel good.
That is it for this week. Keep moving everybody.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are doing Great Sandy!!!! Keep it up. HOw are yall doin? weather getting nicer yet? Jen