Sunday, October 7, 2007

Time Management

I have had a week of unorganized distraction when it comes to getting my miles in.
Monday I came home to find Fabulous Hubby at work removing the standard, rusty bed of his truck in prep for installing the replacement flat metal bed that he bought at an auction. So I helped him with that some and then made dinner, by the time I was ready to start the miles it was cold out, and I realized that my Plantar Fasciitis (heel pain that I have been ignoring since July) didn't hurt for once - I went back in the house. Thus began my unplanned easy week.
Tuesday since I had decided my foot might actually need the rest, I went to the fitness center and reintroduced myself to the elliptical machine. I spent 30 minutes at about 75% of my max. When I got done I realized that I should have done more.
Wednesday I worked late since I had a business trip coming up. It was dark by the time I could have been ready to start the miles, so I didn't again.
Thursday was the trip and I didn't get home until dark, no miles again.
Friday I was going to go do a long bike ride, but that plan didn't work out so I did 4 miles - yes! finally some real miles!
Saturday is usually my long miles in the morning, but Friday's 4 miles were harder than they should have been so I planned to do a light walk, but that got dropped for a trip to town - and a new boycott on Applebee's - not a story for this blog, though it does include salmon instead of steak.
Sunday should have been off, but since my week was so messed up, I chose to hit the hills for a moderate heart rate hour.
So the week didn't start out too promising, but by the weekend I think I redeemed myself.
New gadgets in the house include a fat scale - I was telling Fabulous Hubby about the one that MP brought to work for us to use and he didn't disagree about buying one. He might have changed his mind about that since he isn't too happy to see what his personal numbers are, but my success so far has caught his attention, we will see where he goes with this.
Speaking of that fat scale - the difference between the first of September and the first of October showed nothing. That is right, not a change. As a verification to that, I got exactly the same readings on the scale that MP brought in and on the one I purchased, no fat loss at all. One reason was that wedding trip, I actually saw a slight gain, which I managed to get rid of again, but my fat percentage did not change for the month. The second reason might be because most of my miles have averaged in the "Hard" range. According to what I have read on the subject, that would be good for exercise, but not for burning fat. So, this week is going to be long walk/runs at 75% HR because that is supposed to be the best burning zone. Since I have my own scale I will be able to check out my progress weekly. That is it for this week. Keep moving everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy those easy days, but not too many of them!