Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Probably Shouldn't Have Done That

You know, I read all the books and the blogs and the magazines. I find it crazy how some people know so much about running and still manage to do things that mess up their races or training. I talk about knowing that I ought to stop when it hurts. Then the big ol' ego kicks in and I just keep going. I guess that is what happens to those other people too. Just keep moving no matter what.
Probably shouldn't have done that.
Since last Wednesday's post I did a couple of runs. I was supposed to do a long run on Saturday or Sunday, but I didn't. Monday I was in a hurry, but I did manage to complete the two miles that were scheduled. I am supposed to do them at 15:09 minutes per mile. I do average that, but I like to run one and a half of the miles as fast as possible and then walk to cool off. This week I finished in 19 minutes.
This Wednesday's run was five miles including warm up and cool down. The schedule says to run 3 X 800 meters, with 400 meters jogs between the 800s. I think they wanted it done with all the running at once, but I knew I couldn't do that so I made a slight change.
Walked 800 meters at 20 minute/mile pace - half mile
Jogged 400 at 15 minute pace - quarter mile
Ran 800 at 12:20 minute pace - half mile
Jogged 400 at 15 minute - quarter mile
Walked 800
Jogged 400
Ran 800
Jogged 400
Walked 800
Jogged 400
Ran 800
Jogged 400
Walked 800
The total was 2 miles of walking and 3 miles of running, it took me about 82 minutes.
My left knee started hurting in the first round. I kept going.
Probably shouldn't have done that.
It is hurting, but not worse than ever before. I used my lunch box ice block on it during the drive home. Not very effective, but I tried. Looks like I will be on the elliptical again.
I need to find the Aleve.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep it up you are doing Great I am not running at all just speed walking with alot of arm movements to get my heart rate up so you are going circles around me.