Friday, September 21, 2007

Running/Walking Plans

On October 13th I will be participating in the Phedippidations Worldwide Half Marathon - actually the Couch to 5K portion but it is a start. This is the link for more information. www.worldwidehalf.com Basically, it is a Think Global - Run Local event where people all over the world will be competing together, but seperately. Maybe I can get some team mates - How about it Germany, Iowa, Georgia? Anyone else? Any interest? Doesn't cost anything, just sweat equity! 3.1 miles of walking the dogs, no time limit just a good reason to get out of the house for a while.

I got caught up in this one because MP told me about a podcast called Phedippidations that you can find at this website. www.steverunner.com
Steve is interesting to listen to, has lots of tidbits about running, plenty of humor, and distracting commentary. I put him on my mp3 player and the dogs and I take off down the driveway.

As I have said before I am actually training for the Pipestem Pumpkin Run on November 3rd, but this Couch to 5k has motivated me to train with another reason in mind. Every year in May there is a 5k run in Athens. In October I am going to run that 5K course in Athens and use it to give myself a base for a comparison to the actual event in May. I should be able to see some pretty decent progress. I will be able to do the same thing about the Pumpkin Run but in reverse. I will run the actual event November and then when I am training for the Athens 5K in the spring I can go back out to the course at Pipestem and run that to see a difference.

All for now. Keep Moving.

No comments: