Sunday, September 9, 2007

Shoes to Run In

Some of this is a duplicate from my other blog, but it seemed to fit both places.
I went shopping for running shoes today. MP told me about the chain store called Fleet Feet in Roanoke, VA where they do a real good job of helping you get a good fit. We made the trip down there to see what they had.
As you can see they had lots of stuff to buy. Those are Asics GT-2120s, with Superfeet liners, and Balega socks. They have lots of other products too, wicking material clothing of all sorts. Cold weather running clothes too.
The staff there is great. I spent an hour with one clerk, she had me walk to evaluate my step, I tried on a few pairs of shoes, and ran a little in them to make sure they felt good. I had on some Saucony shoes while I did some other shopping and after a while realized they were rubbing my toes wrong. So we backed up and tried again with the Asics. The clerk asked more questions about my activity and plans than the doctor did last week. She even cut the liners to fit and taught me how to tie my shoes so my heels don't slip anymore.
I am pretty pleased with the purchase. We will see how I feel after a few runs.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Way to go on your progress so far!! I'm proud of you for getting out there & training to RUN a 5K!! I don't know if I could do that...I really hate to run...but maybe your success will inspire me?!? According to the running "expert" (Steve) asics has always been his shoe brand of choice. I have a pair that I wear to work out in & really love them. Compression socks are good too. Target makes a brand called C9 that I really like. ANYWAY - Thanks for sharing your progress! We're going to be 2 skinny-ish sisters at Christmas!! (We'll have to go shopping together in the Misses section!) Love you - and Keep up the Good Work! -Kim

Jenny said...

Hey Sandy, Great minds think alike. I have also begun a walk run program although with my dogs it is more like walk sniff run pee but so far enjoying it. the weather here is cool so perfect for it plus the MULTITUDE of walking trails and the sportsplatz helps also. I have cut out the beer for the most part but the bread is still taunting and teasing me. GOOD LUCK and talk to you soon