Monday, September 17, 2007

Wedding Cake

So this weekend got beat up by a wedding. Good news is I drank more water than wine, bad news is I drank a LOT of water! LOL

We had a good time. I did try to eat a bit sensibly, except for at the wedding. HEY I skipped dessert at the buffet - and it even looked good. I didn't skip the Amish homemade pumpkin pie. That would have been a bad idea, it was really good.

When we got back I sent some pictures back up there and then headed outside.

I have a new route through the hay fields - it is just over 2 miles long and is rolling hills, some steep some slight, but all up or down. I will move to pavement in a couple of weeks, but until then the hayfields are giving me a good work out.
I have a new toy to help monitor my heart rate during excercise. I shopped around and decided that a Polar F11 would be the best option for me. It doesn't do distance and speed, but I have Billy's handheld GPS to give me distance and speed if I want it. The F11 does tell me what I need to know to keep me working out at the most effective levels. Right now I am finding out that I need a lot of work, but not as much as I was doing. I did some research and found out that a person can workout too hard if they want to lose weight.
So I work out lighter and longer. I will be running.

2 comments:

Kim said...

OH! I wish I would have known you were looking for a heart monitor - I think we have one in a box somewhere in the hosue! I could have put that in the Christmas white elephant!! :-)

The Currys said...

That would have been a good one! I need it before then though - I am way out of shape, but getting better.