Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Week 2 of 5k Training

After surviving last weekend's food craziness my week has been okay so far, well other than finding out "SHOCK" that I am obese! MP brought in his fat/water scale. Thanks man! Really needed that. Bring it back next month and we will try again!
Turns out my body composition is 38.5% fat and should be below 32% by the charts. I am also dehydrated since my body water is also 38.5% and should be 51%. That might explain some things about why I get tired. SO I drink more water and continue my 5K training program hoping that next months measurements are better, I sure hope so anyway!
I tried to mess up my training Monday, waited too long to go run my course, it got dark early. By the way I GPS measured that course, twice, and found out that it is in fact exactly 2/10 of a mile long. So it is not a bad measurement, just a woman on her way to a body change doing the measuring and looking for excuses. (notice how I avoided that negative impression of myself back there? BFFM reading is having an influence.)
I got back on track Tuesday when I did manage to get up early and work out in my gym - and then that night I ran the 15 minute plan, but changed it to 2 minute run for 3 minute walk. That went ok, only managed to go do 5 laps in that time frame though. I can WALK a 15 minute mile so I don't know what the problem is. I looked for another excuse, maybe I can't count my laps, surely it was more like 7 or so!
One thing I have noticed while I have been doing all my crazy things, eating less while stair climbing and running, is that I rarely get hungry. I eat breakfast at 0600, fruit at about 0930, lunch at 1130, fruit at about 1pm, and drink water all day. Wednesday was different, I forgot to eat my afternoon apple and by the time I got home I was hungry! Dinner was reasonable so all is good.
Since it was Wednesday I had a 20 minute walk/run scheduled and though I bumped Monday to Tuesday maybe I shouldn't have done it, but I did... and bumped it to 2 run/ 3 walk. The last set was pretty slow and I tried to count better, found out I don't have a counting problem either. I only managed 7 laps.
Things I learned this week:
1. There is nothing wrong with the GPS
2. I do know how to count laps
3. I need to learn how to do those laps a little faster instead of look for excuses
4. Dark comes sooner than it used to
4. Food keeps me from getting hungry
5. Water keeps me from getting dehydrated

1 comment:

Mark said...

Great Blog, you're doing good. Week 2 and there is still a long ways to go. Think long term and hang in there!