Saturday, February 9, 2008

Another week Another plan

I seem to have more plans than progress these days, but at least I keep moving. SparkPeople has me keeping track of my diet. At least I can identify where all the calories are coming from everyday. I also track my exercise and read good fitness articles.
My friend Susan decided she wanted to get started doing "something" which is better than doing "nothing" so we spend 20 minutes every work day in the fitness room at work. She is walking the treadmill and I mostly use the bike. I might switch to weights on some days though. Just light stuff.
There are a couple of classes at the fitness center in town that I want to start attending. Tuesday is Tae Bo and Thursday is Step Aerobics. The rest of my week is filled out by my latest running plan that has me doing a 2 mile easy run on Monday, a 5 mile tempo or speed run on Wednesday, and a 6 mile long run on Saturday. There isn't much speed or run in my tempo, 12 to 15 minute miles depending on the hills, but that should improve over time.
Fact is I tried to do a scheduled 13:34 tempo run on the track this week Wednesday and found out I couldn't go that slow. That speed is faster than I can walk and not fast enough for me to find a rhythm. So after walking the first mile to warm up, the second was 12 minutes, the third was 13 minutes, and the fourth was also 13 minutes, then I walked another mile.
Today is a 6 miler. I figure I will walk to town and check the mail in a couple of hours. Junk mail will not make it back to the house. lol Well keep moving everybody and let me know how your plans are helping you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sandy just thought I would let you know I keep checking in weekly on your blogs , though the other one has sorta stalled out LOL like mine I guess just nothing new to write on the travel one since we are not traveling rightnow. Looks as if you are keeping on your fitness plan well despite the weather I am glad. I just posted a long drawn out update on Spark so you can read that if ya have the time. I wont bore you with a repeat here. Take care Nd keep it up!!! Jenny