Monday, February 18, 2008

Dry Weather

We had a few days of dry weather that finally allowed the hayfields to dry out enough for me to run out there again. The dogs and I headed out for an enjoyable afternoon of chasing each other around the hills. And it was enjoyable at that. It was also a lot of work. These last few weeks have been on either the track or paved roads. Grass is easily a tougher workout. I was good though.
The dogs were pretty tired by the time we got done. They might run around a lot, but continuosly for an hour was more than they wanted to do. They started to run ahead of me and lie down until I caught up. It was funny to see.
I got started later than I should have so my run time ran into Bill's time to feed the cows and since his help is laid up at the moment I planned to help. It was kind of odd to find myself jogging from the barn to the 4 wheeler, move it with the trailer of hay and then jog from there to the gate. Then I jogged around the graveyard while Bill unrolled the bale before I could close the gate again. Then jog back to the 4 wheeler. Hey, it was faster than walking! Once I get started I am fine. Somedays, I just don't get started. LOL
My weight has started to drop again. I don't know if it is a good thing, but my calorie needs have dropped too, it is almost common for me to be near the bottom of my range instead of the top. That is all okay in my opin. Keep moving everybody.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Wow the jogging farmer :)

Anonymous said...

Way to go Sandy, made me want to get up off my duff, only one problem, it is way to cold here!
Keep up the great work!!
Love Ya!
Rose