Saturday, February 9, 2008

Long Run

Three posts in one day. I am sure I should be doing something else.
My long run went great today. I walk/ran to the Deli Mart in town and back to complete my scheduled 6 miles. My time was pretty good when you factor in the terrain, all done in 1 hour and 30 minutes. That pace is a little faster than last week's 7 miles mostly because I had done a big portion of the route before. Now that I have done more of these routes I am starting to get used to how long it takes me to finish a mile or two depending on the hills. Hopefully that means I will start working the earlier miles a little harder. We will see.
I have a 10k (6.2 miles) planned for the first of March, but it is in Roanoke and I really don't want to drive all the way down there. There is another one in May that is a lot closer and figure something else might appear before then. If not I can just keep practicing with what I have available.
I guess I rambled enough to day. Keep moving and stay warm everybody.

No comments: