Saturday, February 9, 2008

So Much Success

Now that is funny. I have had so much success lately, I forgot to tell you about last Sunday! It fits in between the 11:38 mile and the 5 mile Tempo run.
Last weekend I decided to go for a long walk and Bill wanted to go visit some people on the creek, so we combined efforts and did both on Sunday. He and Jake dropped me off at Pettry so the rest of the dogs wouldn't follow and I started walking down the road. After 3 miles I caught up with them at a friend's house.
When I took off again Jake went with me. Bill caught up with us in the truck after about a mile, Jake begged for a ride and they left me alone for the last 3 miles to the next stop. After visiting for a little while we drove home again. I wasn't about to walk home - yet. That will come in time. I finished the whole 7 miles in a little less than 2 hours. My feet and hips were a little sore that evening, but all was good again on Monday.
My times are not burning up any pavement, but I am trying to burn as many fat calories as possible while increasing my endurance. The heart rate zone I am aiming for is betwen 110 and 130 on easy days or warm ups and 130 and 150 on hard days. My averages have been coming down to those ranges ever so slowly, but Progress is happening.

No comments: